It has been a hot summer and I have been cooking our meals thru this new best friend of mine, NESCO.
This versatile, multi functional stainless steel digital pressure cooker performs several functions: pressure cook, slow cook or steam, brown and warm. Use to make roasts, ribs or chicken, as well as rice dishes, soup and stews and steamed vegetables.
I have done all of the above! Made my life so much easier.
I can eat this dish without guilt! Here are the specifics on my easy pork stew, in case anybody wants to try it.
o 2-3 lbs pork butt, cut in 2” cube ( combination of lean meat and fat)
o 1 cup of sweetened pineapple juice
o 1/4 cup light soy sauce
o 1/4 cup white vinegar
o salt and pepper
o 1 head garlic, minced
o 1/4 cup brown sugar
o 2 pieces bay leaves
o 1 medium potato, cut
o 1 ripe plantain, peeled & sliced
o ¼ cup of cornstarch
1. In the NESCO pot, mix all your ingredients except the pork meat, potato, plantain & mix well.
2. Add your pork meat & marinate it for 30 minutes or overnight
3. When ready to cook, place your plantain & potatoes on top. Cover with the lid.
4. Plug in your NESCO. SEAL. Press the button on slow cook and time to 35 minutes.
5. When the time is done, this pressure cooker will keep it WARM for you.
6. Serve warm and enjoy with white rice.
*** On the safety side, please read NESCO Pressure Cooker instructions that came with it.
Ruth D. Ezra is a culinary queen in her own right through experience and training. She works at the AllState Roadside Services in Northbrook, IL. Her greatest delight is serving good and healthy food to her husband Heman and only daughter, Isabelle. Kit would love to receive feedback on her recipes, and exchange them with yours at email@example.com.