By Marivir R. Montebon
You only live once, so better go out before old age or disease sets in, and have a fabulous vacation with friends.
The first and foremost rule is to organize your joy and plan your fun. And be fun.
Here are some helpful tips:
1. Eating together is a must. But first you have to cook together.
2. Swim together and if you cannot swim, just float together.
3. Get into a tingling hot jacuzzi and together, share your fantasies wet and wild.
4. For long road trips, stop by a diner for your bathroom break and segway to its hats section. Voila, reveal that you are all mad hatters.
5. Although desperately wanting to eat, take a decent group picture before a late lunch.
6. Conquer the road with your grace and charm when hiking, in an attempt to burn your calories that you have stuffed yourselves like crazy.
7. On the jetty, feel as if you just stepped out of a fashion magazine.
8. Honor a friend’s birthday, whether belated or advanced, as a reason to eat and drink some more.
9. Catch the mighty sun rise, be grateful and sleep again.
10. Go to a costume photography studio. Merrily chose a theme costume you all love to wear. Dress up, laugh, and make the photographer happy with your ability to emote. Boom! You just made an awesome memoir.
(All photos taken in St. Louis and Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. The writer escaped New York and did an outrageously fun reunion with college friends Zurita and Oscar, Ruth Ezra, and Debbie and Rob.)