1 package frozen grated cassava
1 ½ cup water
1 – 1½ cup sugar (to your taste)
1 tbsp lye
frozen grated coconut thawed
- Mix all the ingredients well in a mixing bowl except the grated coconut.
- Put the mixture in a square microwave safe dish and cook on high for 20 – 30 minutes or until the center sets or thickened.
- Remove from the microwave (be very careful in handling since it will be hot & steamy.)
- Let it cool.
- Using a soup spoon (to make small balls), scoop the pitsi-pitsi out from the dish and roll it in the grated coconut.
- It is so yummy when eaten warm and the longer they sit the better tasting it will be.
- I even freeze some for later cravings. 🙂
Ruth D. Ezra is a culinary queen in her own right through experience and training. She is a bookkeeper by profession at AllState Roadside Services in Northbrook, IL. Her greatest delight is serving good and healthy food to her husband Heman and only daughter, Isabelle. Kit would love to receive feedback on her recipes, and exchange them with yours at email@example.com.